Monday, June 29, 2009

Get packing....

Charles {Chuck}, the office sage, stopped by office cube to give me his monthly travel advice....start planning, you know if you don't plan you will never go. It took me five years to make it to Europe......well actually it went more like this, "Where there is no vision, there is no vacation." I quickly retorted with, "Where there is no vacation, people perish." Thanks to Proverbs for supplying the original quote, "Where there is no vision, people perish." I gave him excuse after excuse of why I never take a blowout vacation, but to no avail...much like the Terminator he will be back. No offense though, I do enjoy our little chats!
Mr. Chuck was also kind enough to share a battery of "you need to retire" reasons. He said none of them applied to me, but (of course) I begged to differ. "You know it is time to retire when you have so much vacation you could go bankrupt using it." I said I was so new that I could go bankrupt using my two weeks plus carry over. This warranted a good laugh and a few more more war stories.....love the little laughs that make the day pass....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails