Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whiteout.....

No, I am not speaking of the new Beckinsale flick, but of a dreaded fashion faux pas. As a sweet Southern gal I live and die by the old adage no white after Labor Day, but as a fashion rule breaker I tend to wonder why I let myself live by this....even last weekend I started pulling all my whites to send back to Bama (partially because of the rule and partially to have room for winter garb!). After revisiting this I think white pants are okay as long as you pair them with a wintry fabric--think white pants or jeans with heavy sandals or booties and an oversized chunky sweater with tons of jewelry. And, Mom, that white dress I phoned in and refused to wear, maybe I can throw on a denim jacket and a wide belt....and my MOCs with the urban number....why do I always think of fashion options after the fact? The one and only thing that should be retired after Labor Day and altogether is WHITE SHOES! This weekend I saw the most dreadful pair of chunky old school white sandals paired with a white and floral printed Easter dress. While I normally reserve my fashion commentary for personal conversations I had to share this...the best way I can describe it is Easter Sunday 1992 for a 10-12 year old girl....and the accused was a 28-31 year old lady.....the bad thing though those white shoes had a date and I didn't...rules or no rules...date or no date, I'm skipping the white clunkers and sticking with being complicated in my picks. Please girls, let this be a lesson, throw those white shoes out.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails