Friday, October 23, 2009

Fielding my curiosity....

I must admit I was beyond excited when I found out we were going to visit the Field Museum. Anyone who had spoken to me in the past week had heard about Sue more that they could possibly care to. Sue is the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex and is found at the Field Museum in Chi-town. But it was not just the dinos that got me. The Field Museum also exhibits a set of human cultural anthropology exhibits, including artifacts from ancient Egypt, the Pacific Northwest and Tibet, a diverse taxidermy collection, featuring many large animals, including two prized African elephants and the infamous Lions of Tsavo, featured in the 1996 movie, The Ghost and the Darkness, and a large collection of Native American artifacts.
The first mukluks.Totem.Headdress.Given an ancient dwelling we felt the need to act out the scene.Mammoth tusks.I found the shoes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails