Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Planes, trains and automobiles.....

After yesterday, I did not know which end was up....last minute plans left me without a ride and in search of some mode of transportation to find my way home. It was definitely a comedy of errors after I could not find a one-way rental, then found one, got a cab to the airport, then got stuck at the terminal when my car reservation was messed up (the rental agency had it a day later), then walked across the airport parking lot without finding my car, doubled back and found the elusive creature, and hit the road, Jack.....three hours later with no GPS I was home. The irony is I made it all the way home and got lost right when I was exiting off the interstate to return home.....I use the term home loosely as I have lived here two and a half years and still use a GPS and can still become lost--one day this will change.

I truly felt as though I was Kevin's mom in Home Alone when she was trying to trade earrings and get money for a plane ticket, then ended up riding with polka dancers...I was at the polka point and would have taken any way home, but thankfully I learned how to speak softly and carry a big stick. My attitude become the big stick that had been hiding beneath my unassuming persona, no doubt if I had played meek and mild I would still be sitting in that miserable terminal. I guess there is a time and place for everything and you should always bring your own car if you have the opportunity.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails