Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Lovin' Cup!

I just hit up eBay to search for lucky decor and in the process I remembered how much I had wanted a vintage silver trophy, or rather a collection. How pretty these would be filled with flowers or sitting by themselves as a collection. These definitely fit the bill for something shiny. Turns out in my search I realize these are literally "Loving cups" typically given for tennis championships. Oh, how I want one, or ten! These remind me of The Stones song below:

I'm the man on the mountain, come on up,
I'm the plowman in the valley with a face full of mud.
Yes I'm fumbling and I know my car don't start.
Yes I'm stumbling and I know I play bad guitar.

Give me little drink from your loving cup.
Just one drink and I'll fall down drunk.
Check out the Phish version here:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails