Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Idea house....

....well I am sick, sick, sick. It started with a feeling of being drug out Friday and Saturday which I brushed off as the remnants of along week and intense stress. To my surprise it wasn't, Sunday I was congested and barely breathing but I mustered up the strength thanks to the wonder drug Afrin to go to a Wailers concert. Monday morning I woke up unable to breathe but still went to work sniffly, coughing and hoarse. My voice was so raspy my coworkers could not help but notice my symptoms. That afternoon I got progressively worse and was unable to breathe fighting the cold or whatever bug had taken hold of me. Today I woke up and could not breathe and took Sudafed, Benadryl, Afrin, Motrin, and a saline nasal spray.....my sneezing, coughing, and nose blowing was so repulsive, frequent and freakish that my boss asked me what I was doing here, promptly following a 15 minute meeting he told me to go home.....I had been contemplating a doctors visit.....and that's precisely what I did. I signed in and curled up in a chair waiting to be called back. The doctor told me how bad I looked and did a routine exam and quickly prescribed Cephalex and two cough syrups (one of which contains codeine-great, I thought, drugs on 4:20--why me?...I guess I'll need to keep the script for random drug tests at work).

To make a long story short I have been fighting the congestion back and forth from the bed to the couch fighting a fever and chills....overall miserable, but I did find some time to peruse some blogs and here are some ingenious design.....at least they look fairly cool to my sick self....wonder what I'll think a week from now....

1. In an attempt to add green to my apartment I tried moss at Easter but am hoping to try my hand at raising succulents. I hear they are easier than herbs, and I lost count of how many herb gardens I have murdered.....good thing I don't have a pet. Ideally I'd like an orchid and a tray of succulents on my coffee table.2. Go to sleep. Love the use of vintage letters.3. Just love the chic retro vibe of the buffet and chairs complemented by the modern white.4. Love the white sunburst mirrors.5. I've posted before, but, Mom,this is for you....I spotted the vintage clocks when I was home.6. Love, love, love. So sweet for a child's room or an art installation for a shop....7. Love the chic white.....Y'all should have known I would find Christmas in April.8. Red branches...a little stark, but look how they pop. I don't necessarily wear red but I like to decorate with red hues.
Images via Habitually Chic.

2 comments:

Miss Hettie said...

The clocks are yours when you are ready. . .

SweetHome said...

Haha, thanks I know, but I had to repost ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails