Saturday, August 28, 2010

Build a bear....

What is it about stuffing a teeny tiny heart into a bear that makes it personal....is it picking out the type of bear, picking the outfit, personalizing a sound?? Nope....it's consumerism taking over, and I bought into it once. My first boyfriend (if you'd call him that) decided to join the Navy and left to start training. I sent him letters, photos and gifts nearly every day to keep his spirits up through the process and one such gift was you guessed it--a BEAR, but not exactly a build-a-bear. He had gotten one of those for his ex so I did not want to go down that road. I got a Vermont Teddy--simple, classic and tasteful--I ordered a sailor uniform to personalize it and saved it for his return. Well a lot of water went over that bridge and we were not dating/talking by the time he returned and I was left with a Navy teddy. The teddy sat (laughing at me) in the corner of my bedroom as a reminder of my lack of a boy. But as it turns out one man's bear can in fact be another man's bear. The next guy I dated a few months later played baseball. I ordered a baseball uniform for the bear, chunked the sailor get up and passed the animal along. Happy Valentine's ha! (Sorry people, regift, but the one and only time I've done so)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails