Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twas the night before......

...leaving to go home for Thanksgiving! All my bags, and by all I mean every possible bag I own, are packed and I am ready to leave tomorrow after work, but for now I am catching up on my lack of posting recently. It's out with the old and in with the new....below is the wreath on my front door--hey if you can't have snow buy it!

Sadly, I had to take this wreath down to hang the snowy wonder. This idea came from Southern Living and was made from faux fall leaves and Christmas balls in fall tones purchased from Hobby Lobby.

I have likely posted a pic of this display but I admittedly was a little camera happy this evening.

A new wreath.....I hung it in a vintage frame. It is reproduction of a shiny brite wreath! :)

This is in my bedroom. Tulle (pronounced tool not toolay) is draped over my curtains and tiny white twinkly lights were wrapped in the tulle to create a fun effect. I saw this idea at Celebrations..a florist in town.

I have to tell myself this on a regular basis..plus it is cute to boot. "Keep calm and carry on" is an old war saying and I have seen these prints on http://www.sfgirlbythebay.blogspot.com/ and in Domino magazine. Other sayings include "Loose lips sink ships" and "Every cloud has a silver lining."



Finally a decent mantle picture...the key is to angle the camera...

I keep mentioning the gingerbread house, so here it is. It is not Martha Stewart worthy, but after trying and trying again I think it was a fairly valiant effort and I could not make it through Christmas without this sugary treat.

This is how the house starts......candy, candy, and more candy plus meringue powder, cookies, and other yummy treats.

Yet again another wreath. My mom made this one last year from gold garland and vintage glass Christmas ornaments. It is gorgeous. I would hang it outside, but do not want it to face the elements.

Good Night.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails