Friday, February 6, 2009

I wish that I was on old Rocky Top.....

......Rocky Top Tennessee!!! Well not exactly Rocky Top, but Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is not the biggest, most famous town in Tennessee, it's not Nashville, but it is fun! Whether it was a ride on the amphibian Ducks, fireworks on the fourth, the Aquarium, Rock City, Anna Ruby Falls, a fun meal, or a swing of golf clubs.

The "Ducks" are antique, amphibian military vehicles that can travel on land or in water. Look at the photos...very fun the driver steers the vehicle narrating a story while constantly shouting "Quack, Quack!" He even offered to let people drive (I think he meant anyone under the age of five, but of course I volunteered!!)
Me as the captain of the ship...err Duck!
While riding in the Ducks you can view the Chattonooga bluffs area, this area is an arts districts with some galleries, shops, museums, and quaint restaurants. The first photo is of the Tennessee Aquarium.
Here is the aquarium.....FYI they let visitors pet some of the creatures.....I took them up on the offer and basically dove into the tank as you can see my hand below ;)





This turtle was strangely attracted to me. I blame it on turtle eyesight and the fact I was wearing a white dress. I literally walked back and forth and he swam to follow me!


When you exhaust your best laid plans and speed through all the activities--play golf or at least go to a driving range. Sadly, my golf skills leave much to be desired....could be the flip flops??

Thank goodness for long weekends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails