Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

Pilgrims, Indians, The Mayflower.....is there anything more to love about November? The answer is yes! A four day weekend--Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday and you always receive the day after off. You always get to travel to visit relatives, eat the obligatory turkey, stare at a million desserts, make small talk, feed the cousin's dog leftovers, then let the dog out of its pen, watch children fight over not getting sweet tea, and laugh at the whole mess but I wouldn't change it for the world. Sure I will admit I used to hate every minute of Thanksgiving but now I am at peace with the whole process (if you can call it that).
On to decorating, once Halloween had passed I felt a strong urge to take down my skulls, jack-o-lanterns, and other bewitching items.....and replace them with glittering fall leaves and orange lights. I even put orange lights into the fireplace to give it a festive glow.

Here is the wreath I created for Halloween with some black Christmas ornaments and hot glue :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails