Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Halloween (a few months later.....)

I guess you can have your cake and eat it too.....or maybe just have your Halloween and post it later. Either way, I am finally taking the time to post my Halloween decorations (circa October 2008!) to my blog. The only two holidays/times of year I tend to decorate are Halloween/fall and Christmas. I have never done Valentine's or Easter. If you do every holiday your home seems to become a revolving door for anything holiday! Maybe a revolving Christmas tree with different decorations....horror! Maybe a couple hearts here and there but nothing crazy. I really wish I could find Valentine decorations that matched my decor and weren't BRIGHT red hearts screaming cupid shoot me! And no I am definitely not anti-Vday, I fully understand the value of gifts, flowers and dinner :)! I just wish could find black and gold hearts....or something maybe retro and shiny silver......oh the possibilities, but back to Halloween. Halloween is fairly neutral in my book--blacks and grays with a pop of orange. Here are some pics of my home. and yes I did decorate with skulls....hey if Martha Stewart can do it, why not me?
The mantle was quite a feat. I covered it with black and wooden candlesticks with black candles, draped it in black tulle, and used orange lights....
Boo to you~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails