Monday, November 16, 2009

Fat tire....

I like to consider myself athletically challenged, but this weekend I was in rare form playing in a kickball tourney and biking down the beach. I can honestly say that organized sports are not my forte and I was miserable at kickball....we ended up only playing two games in the tournament and, get this, the last game was tied and it was broken by a wheelbarrow race that you would have had to seen to believe. It provided us all with a good laugh! The second half of my weekend including some fat tires down the beach....and not the Fat Tires pictured above! I can remember when fat tire meant hauling twelve beers in my carry-on from Jackson Hole, WY to Bama....but not this time. A friend and I planned to bike down some trails, but as luck would have it the bike shop was closed next to the trail (thank goodness!)....but it did not end there. He decided to head to the beach and rent a cruiser for me out there....well the first two shops were closed! Lucky me, I thought....the third shop was open, and I got my cruiser and headed down the beach.....it was a relaxing ride down, and we did not go the full eighteen miles plus that he had planned, so I survived...honestly, I'd do it again! Here's to biking...riding down the highway...and looking for adventure....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails