Monday, December 28, 2009

Something borrowed.....

....something blue. Well, it's official the question was popped, the Save the Dates have been sent, the tickets are bought and more importantly the shoes are here. Claire's Manolos have arrived. I'm off work today, but am very tempted to go to the office to see them in all their splendor. These are the shoes Carrie Bradshaw wore in Sex and the City: The Movie (SATCTM) when she wed Big. Granted the Vivienne Westwood dress stuck out more for me only because of the tiny spaceship details in the wrapping...I knew in that instant the dress she had chosen. But these shoes are classic and complete the old wedding adage something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. Mr. Blahnik has definitely tugged at brides' hearts and purse strings with these. Originally retailing a little over $500 they were within range, but with all the movie hype they are now selling for over $900......Thankfully I'm not getting married so I can keep my $900. Too bad her feet are bigger than mine.....I think I'll have to live with shoes that are slightly less pricey than that....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails