Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sounds like a science project...

Science class went great Friday morning. Not that I could do it every day, but it was a welcome break from The Office. Two classes of fifth graders and several erosion demonstrations later I was done for the day. How I look forward to science days! One class really picked up on the sink hole example; they had watched a video and a few shining stars spit out all they knew about caves before the experiment began. I love working with the kids, and there are always some priceless comments as you never know what they are going to say. One girl ran up to me and said, "I like your cardigan. I don't know what that is, but she just said it was a cardigan. And I like it!" They are always so complimentary {likely because they are excited about a new face in the classroom}. And one boy helped me clean up the water table filled with wet sand and water--BIG help!! But I do think he had Vday on the brain....as he was shaped the clay for his cave he blurted out, "Whhhhhyyyy! I always make a heart. I don't try....even my sweet potato chip was a heart." Too cute!

And then I was done....we cleaned up the messes from our experiments...and I had to convince 40 children why it was not a good idea to keep the clay that had been sitting in water, vinegar and sugar. Oh joy! I left GBE with a few good laughs, a few hugs and a water table for Vaughn in the back of the LR.....until next month.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails