Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wasting away......

Free concert....Jimmy Buffett....what's not to like?!? Obviously a lot (for some). Mr. Buffett and friends are putting on a show to benefit victims of the oil spill. The majority of my friends and I thought it would be a rollicking good time...and why the heck not...it's only an hour away! I offered the invite to a guy I had a few dates with and immediately got shot down.... ...but, the kicker......I didn't get a "NO," I got a "Heck, NO!" with bullet points detailing the reasons he would not attend....it went something like this....

Yes...had two voice mails about it on Sunday morning...I was pumped until I learned:

1. It is free, so every redneck within 500 miles will be trying to get there and parking/access is going to make the hangout festival look like a day at church-
2. It is a CMT deal and is only lasting from 7 to 8:30, so there might be one or two songs from each of them and they most likely won't even have their own bands or anything-

My response, "Ok, fine...." I chuckled to myself wondering how he thought The Hangout fest was a wild raucous time? We got to front stage, heck, I wandered by myself through the crowd and managed to find a girlfriend in the sea of thousands (thank you, Blackberry Messenger). Trust me, I don't like craziness any more than the next person but you've got to live a little and this is not a crazy riot on the Capital steps....it's a concert....So what am I going to do?? Why, get online this morning and get 4 free tickets and have a heck of a good time next Thursday and blow out my flip flop......

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails